Friday 17 December 2010

Evaluation Question 1


Evaluation question 1
My chosen genre for my music magazine is Hip-hop. I researched two hip-hop magazines Vibe and XXL, analysed their front covers and contents pages. Furthermore I researched unrelated genre magazines as well to see the different varieties   in the market such as Kerrrang and Mixmag.
From the research I conducted it was evident all the magazines that I analysed, no matter which genre they all followed the basic forms and conventions (price, issue number, mast head,headingluresand a main image)


The magazine I will be creating will include all the basic conventions however there will be no additional competition type topic in my magazine, this is because from the research I did into the hip-hop genre it was rare to come across any competition/ quiz.

For the contents page I realised there was quite allot of text and one main image, for my magazine I will be creating a contents page consisting of a couple of images and bullet points rather than paragraphs.

Overall my magazine will go along the lines of the existing magazine conventions, my magazine is a hip-hop based magazine and when compared to existing magazines my magazine (Central) is quite similar and reflects the same forms and conventions of the ones on sale.

Vibe magazine front cover
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56296475@N08/5268594222/

XXL magazine front cover
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56296475@N08/5267988645/

No comments:

Post a Comment